Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Stand Up Paddling on Assateague with DelMarVA Board Sport Adventures


What a glorious day on Assateague Island.  Our day started bay side where we paddled around and met Steve and Matt with Island Adventure Kayaking.  Such nice guys with a like minded heart for getting folks out on the water.  You have to check them out if you'd like to Kayak during your stay on the DelMarVa. 

I especially like that Matt goes to St. Mary's College of Maryland where my daughter will be going this fall.   My husband and DelMarVA Board Sports owner, George Markopoulos, donated some gear to the windsurfing club there and plan to continue to do so in the future.  Here is a blog post about DelMarVa Board Sports sharing the stoke w/ the next generation

Afterwards, we hung out oceanside where I took my first adventure on a SUP into the ocean.  OK, I'm a geek because I didn't feel safe without a life jacket.  Hey, you do what you gotta do!  Right?

We gave our friend Travis, a ride on the RRD SUP 11 and he got right up and went out to catch some waves.  Most people take to SUP'ing rather easily but Travis was all over it man!


Travis Brown

Contact us at DelMarVA Board Sport Adventures to have your adventure on a Stand Up Paddle Board.  We rent boards for $20 for 1 hour.  301-651-0542.

No comments:

Post a Comment